Monday, May 30, 2011

Thirteenth Post: 3 Hours 15 Minutes, 17 Hours 45 Minutes Up-To-Date

I worked a total of 3 hours and 15 minutes on May 29th. I worked at the SPCA from 12:15 to 3:30.

 Fake Kitty Tree

 Cat on Bench

This is one of the really friendly cats in the gazebo.

12:15-12:30: I socialized the cats in one of the gazebos. One of the cats was really friendly and playful. It is the black and white cat pictured above.

Honeysuckle

12:30-12:45: I socialized Honeysuckle, a 2 year old female cat. She is very sweet and nice. She also likes to sit on your lap and explore. She is classified as a G cat.

 Daisy

I am brushing Sparky to get rid of loose fur and keep his coat clean.
Petting cats helps them get used to and eventually enjoy human contact.
12:45-1:00: I socialized the cats Daisy and Sparky. Daisy is the female black cat. She is 10 months old and pretty shy. Sparky is the male white and black tiger. He is friendly and likes to be brushed. They both have to go home together! <3 They are both classified as P cats. I also spent some time brushing Sparky.

It is important to brush cats because it gets rid of loose fur and cleans their coat. Some cats also like the way being brushed feels, such as Sparky.

 Zoom Close-Up

Zoom

1:00-1:15: I socialized Zoom. She is a sweet 1 year old cat who needs to be an only pet. She hissed a few times while she was out because she saw or smelt a cat. Other than that, she acted perfectly fine. She is classified as a P cat.

Marylin and Stanley

1:15-1:30: I socialized Marylin and Stanley. Marylin is the female calico cat. She is 1 year old, friendly, and likes to be pet. Stanley is the male black and white cat. He is very swatty and nippy. Both cats are classified as P cats.

1:30-1:45: I took a 15 minute break. I looked around at the dogs and washed up in the bathroom.

Morris

1:45-2:00: I socialized the 1 1/2 year old Morris. He is very sweet, friendly, and likes to play. He is classified as a G cat.

Cat Eating Food (Nom Nom Nom)

2:00-2:15: I visited the cats in one of the gazebos. There were only two cats in there, so it was fairly easy.

 I am holding Bentley to help her get used to being held.
When you hold cats for a long period of time, they eventually become used to it and become more familiar with the feeling.
2:15-2:45: I socialized the cat Bentley, along with my mom. Bentley is 1 1/2 years old. She loves to give "hugs" and be held, and is very adorable. My mom and I took her to the "Meet and Greet" room to see if she liked to play, but unfortunately she just kept meowing to go back into her cubby.

Many cats, like Snuggles, enjoy head scratches because they don't have to scratch it themselves.
2:45-3:00: I socialized the cat Snuggles! He is 1 year old, very sweet and LOVES to be petted! All I really did for 15 minutes was scratch his head, and he really enjoyed it. I guess thats where he gets his name!

Serenity <3

I am playing with Serenity to help her use up held-back energy and to give her an enjoyable time.
3:00-3:20: I socialized Serenity again! She is so playful and sweet, I want to bring her home so badly! First I have to ask my parents...

3:20-3:30: I signed out and got everything ready to leave the SPCA.


The best part about this trip to the SPCA is that I found out that one of the volunteers is adopting Shiloh!!!!! Yay!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment